Folder inscribed, 'Morphogen. Theory of Phyllotaxis. Turing 2'. With MS note by Gandy, 'This is the draft from which Hoskin and Richards prepared their paper Part 1 (which follows the draft rather closely. Passages in light blue are I think by Hoskin)'. The Hoskin and Richards draft is catalogued at AMT/C/8. Includes:-
- AMT's TS draft, with many AMS revisions, and numbered in another hand. AMT's AMS revisions are usually in black ink, but occasionally in pencil. Other corrections and markings appear in another hand, in blue ink and pencil, and there is also some linking material on separately numbered pages, e.g. 26a, 57a
- 'Naturally occurring phyllotactic patterns'
- 'Some properties of Fibonacci numbers'
- un-numbered MS headed, 'Stability of 2nd order equations'
- diagrams of florets in sunflower head, numbered and annotated by AMT
- photograph of sunflower head
- review by H.S.M. Coxeter of a book by L. Fejes Tóth, Lagerungen in der Ebene, auf der Kugel und im Raum (Berlin, 1953), reprinted from Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society (Vol. 60, Mar. 1954).
Provenance: Received from N.E. Hoskin in 1978
Copyright: Copyright © The Provost and Scholars of King's College Cambridge; annotations copyright © N. E. Hoskin and B. Richards